Family of 4!

Family of 4!

Monday, November 29, 2010

back to work...

So today marked the day I have been dreading since Tenley's arrival...back to work.  I went to Topeka for the day to start getting back in the swing of things and learning how to balance work and family.  It went pretty well, I think just knowing that I don't have to work everyday is what saved me.  Today was actually the only day that I will work this week.  Daddy got to stay home with Tenley today,  but unfortunately he came down with the flu! When I was getting ready for work this morning (around 5:30 am) he said he didn't feel well, but figured it would pass.  Not so much, he felt awful all day and was in bed  by 8 o'clock tonight and called in sick for tomorrow, which I am not sure he has ever done. I just pray her and I don't get it next and that he feels better soon. 

So though I was not looking forward to today, I am glad it is over and we did it.  There were some tears and worried moments, but I know she had a great time with Daddy even if he was sick.  On top of that it was wonderful to arrive home to big smiles and cuddles. I am also so very thankful for a job that I love and that allows me so much flexibility.  I get to spend lots of time with my wonderful family and fly a great jet, I have a truly blessed life! 

We have had a busy last week with Thanksgiving and Tenley's baptism.  I will do my best to get those pictures posted in the next day or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment